Monday, February 12, 2007

If I Can't Get a Rudy...

Last week I asked where our Rudy was? In my post I asked:
How is it that the overwhelmingly Democratic city of New York can manage to elect a Republican who cuts taxes, fights crime and improves the quality of life across the city, while the best DC can manage is a Democrat dominated Mayoral process that boils down to a pathetic game of who can promise the most and deliver the least?

Well this morning I am thinking maybe I set the bar too high. Maybe asking for a DC Rudy is like hoping for a Redskins owner that puts a commitment to winning above stuffing dough in his pockets. So I ask, if we can't find a Rudy - yet - where is our Ron Paul? Where is our Dr or Mr or Mrs or Ms No? Where is the conscience of our Council?
Where is the City Council member who will consistently advocate for DC taxpayers, property owners and small businesses? Dr. Paul (who is considering a long-shot run for the GOP Presidential nomination) has never voted for a tax increase, refuses to accept his Congressional pension, and has consistently opposed any expansion of the influence of the federal government.

As broken as the system is here in the District, I am realistic about how long it will take to really change things. We will never achieve real change, however, unless we start to see political leaders emerge who will fight for that change.

If I can't get a Rudy, can someone at least send me a Ron Paul?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home