Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fisher on the Last Days of the Dems Mayoral Battle

Interesting analysis from The Post's Marc Fisher on the last seven weeks of the Democratic battle for the Mayoral nomination. Fisher's column comes on the heels of a Washington Post poll that shows Adrian Fenty inching out to a small lead over Linda Cropp (39-31%), with Marie Johns in a distant third at 8%.

Fisher says there is "increasing pressure on Johns to bow out, but neither the Fenty folks nor the Cropp crew seem terribly confident about where Johns' votes would go." My guess is that the Johns people would lean towards Fenty since both are trying to run outsider campaigns (while Cropp runs the consummate insiders campaign - quite a feat in this disaster of a government).

I guess I am rooting for Fenty - given his pledge not to raise taxes (tho I am very suspicious of this pledge considering Fenty's record), his opposition to the DC "crime" bill, and his support for civil marriage equality. Unfortunately, I can't get that excited about him. Like the rest of the Dems he promises more of the same big government, big spending, big bureaucracy that has failed so miserably. In the end I guess it doesn't matter what I think, I can't vote for any of them (since I ain't a registered Democrat). But for now, consider this the best of the worst, half-hearted, kinda-hope you win, endorsement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home