Monday, August 21, 2006

If Jack Evans is Against Ya, I'm For Ya!

When I waiver in my half-assed, half-hearted, kinda-sorta-maybe support for Adrian Fenty, I need to remind myself to read gems like this one from my Council member Jack Evans (via the Washington Post):

"He did not know what he was doing. He was just grandstanding," said Jack Evans (D-Ward 2), who has long been critical of Fenty. "I don't think he's a serious person."

That's rich coming from Jack Evans. As a constituent of Jack Evans I can understand why Fenty's approach would rub him the wrong the way - Fenty is a tireless constituent advocate.

More from the Post:

With no council committee chairmanship assigned to him during his first four-year term, he focused on constituent services. Fenty, armed with his ever-present BlackBerry, and his staff answered 200 e-mails a day, distributed bulletins to 2,500 constituents and posted replies on six neighborhood Listservs.

Jack Evans on the other hand, could give a crap. Folks in my area of Georgetown either know, or have found out the hard way, that if you need something done - don't waste your time calling or emailing Jack Evans office. Much better time spent waiting for Godot.

In the interest of full disclosure, Jack Evans was responsive to an email of mine in 2003 asking him how he could possibly jump on the loony tunes bandwagon and endorse a raving lunatic like Howard Dean. His response was that he "had a feeling about Dean." It was heartening to see Councilman Evans took the same thoughtful approach to making a Presidential endorsement as he did to constituent service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home