Tuesday, March 06, 2007

CPAC and Other Random Tuesday Morning Ramblings

Thanks to CPAC (which I attended), the number of Republicans in the District probably doubled or tripled at the end of last week.

In case anyone is wondering I didn't catch the Ann Coulter speech live - after watching her call for a new McCarthyism at CPAC in 2005 I have better sense then to sit through that.

If this tiny old blog mattered I would have signed on to this letter urging CPAC organizers not to invite Coulter in the future.

One of the great moments from CPAC was the NRA's Wayne LaPierre showing a clip of a stunned Eleanor Holmes Norton trying to quiet down a crowd of constituents whom she is clearly shocked to learn actually believe in the 2nd Amendment and who want the DC gun ban repealed. I have tried - to no avail - to find this clip on you tube. It's priceless.

Good news - There is a Republican running in the special election to fill the Council vacancy in Ward 7. Bad news - not sure there are any Republicans in Ward 7.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leonardo said...

Coulter is so ridiculous and awful she has become a liability for conservatives, but I guess I don't anymore know what conservative means if she is speaking for us.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home