Friday, March 09, 2007

A Victory for the Bill of Rights and for DC Citizens

Breaking news... A divided DC Circuit Panel has ruled that DC's ridiculous gun ban violates the 2nd Amendment (surprise surprise). This is good news for the Bill of Rights and for the citizens of the District. Laughably, the best argument that proponents of this non-sense legislation could make is that it was Constitutional because the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to DC. Gee, thanks to all our progressive "friends" trying their best to limit the applicability of the Bill of Rights.

More on the decision here: http://howappealing.law.com/030907.html#023153

2 Comments:

Blogger Leonardo said...

My one non-libertarian stance is on gun control. Having grown up in an urban drug hell, and having had a gun pointed in my face as a guy with a gun asked me to give him a blow job when I was 15 and, earlier, a guy with a gun asked if he could "ride my bike", when I was 11. I really don't like hand guns. Then I got mugged at Halloween when a gang with guns stole my candy, I think I was 8 then.

Having a handgun pointed in my face a couple of times I am not a gun fan. I am not a total gun banner, but my experience was sobering.

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I respect the fact you've had negative experiences with guns, but do you think these guys were registered gun owners?

I've been writing my councilpeople for years asking them to lift the handgun ban - I enjoy guns, don't want one for home defense (I have a dog for that), I just like going to the range or having one with me when camping in grizzly-rich environments out west. I've never been arrested and if I want a .45, I should be able to have it.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home