Sunday, March 18, 2007

If You Only Read One Thing Today

Read The Post's phenomenal piece on Robert Levy - the man responsible for over-turning the District's wildly unconstitutional gun ban. A Cato scholar, and a self-made man, Levy doesn't even own a gun.

Levy in his own words:

"By the way, I'm not a member of any of those pro-gun groups," he said. "I don't travel in those circles. My interest is in vindicating the Constitution."

The citizens of the District owe a hearty thank you to Robert Levy. It's nice that someone out there is interested in defending our Constitutional rights.

UPDATE (10:02 am) - Check out the comments! We got a comment from Mr. Levy himself. Again, a hearty thank you Mr. Levy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased that the Washington Post emphasized the constitutional aspect of our lawsuit. My major regret is that our lead counsel, Alan Gura, didn't receive the credit he deserves. Alan has worked for next-to-minimum-wage and has been our legal superstar. Parker v. DC prevailed in major part because of Alan's prodigious efforts.

8:40 AM  
Blogger ChrisBarronDC said...

Mr. Levy - As a district resident, and a staunch small L libertarian, I want to thank you for your work on our behalf. Everyone in DC - indeed anyone interested in protecting our Constitution no matter where they live - owes you a debt of gratitude.

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that! It's time this ill-conceived law was done away with.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Leonardo said...

I do not support an unlimited right to bear arms, such as 50mm guns and AK's, but the DC law went way too far the other way, so I support its demise.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home