Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Protesters Stage Mock Occupation of DC

Honestly, sometimes I just do not understand what in God's name people are thinking. According to The Post, a group of Iraq War protesters staged a mock occupation of DC:

They carried imaginary assault rifles, barked commands, roughly "detained" suspected hostiles with flex cuffs and hoods -- and generally shocked, frightened and delighted tourists and office workers.

"How does occupation feel, D.C.?!" shouted Geoff Millard, head of the local chapter of Iraq Veterans Against the War....

How does mock occupation feel DC? Well lets see. Here is what one observer on the streets noted:

"I don't know what they're doing, but they're in everybody's way," said Janet Ruck, a career counselor in Washington.

Upon hearing an explanation, she said, "So they were intentionally getting in people's way. I don't think that people have lost touch or forgotten [about the war]. I don't think this is the way to get people to connect."

Yes, nothing draws the average person to your position like pissing off someone just trying to get to work. Of course out in the left wing blogosphere this macabre piss-poor street theater is being celebrated as "absolutely fascinating." There are plenty of words I can think of to describe this - mindless, bizarre, misguided, freakish, etc - but "absolutely fascinating" ain't a description I would pin on this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leonardo said...

I had a similar experience in 2000 as ANSWER had some huge protest downtown. I was just trying to get my NY friends to my sushi joint but encountered riot police. They actually pushed and shoved me.

Anyway, I am usually a fan of police in these DC actions and hate protesters. Don't even get me going on the Tractor Man.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home